Sunday, November 27, 2011

"I Do... Let's Eat" - Agnes Gielas and Mauriece Dalupang

What's more important than the wedding party? The food. I've always enjoyed going to my cousin's wedding and eating a lot of traditional food that they have decided for all of their guests, family and friends. Food was not only delicious, but sometimes, it was always a work of art. Each dish was very special.



Like my mom, I always love to try new things. Up top this date, I haven't hate anything I've eaten so far. I remember when I was young that I hated to eat green peppers and eggplant. After a few years, I've tried different dishes with those ingredients, and I didn't mind eating it at all. Usually, when you don't like something, you'd avoid eating it or putting in into your dish. Whenever we have dinner with family, they would ask me, "What would you like to eat?" and every time, I would answer, "You guys decide, I'd eat anything." I guess you can say I'm flexible when it comes to people deciding on what we eat.

When I was watching this, I felt that I was behind-the-scenes when it comes to preparing the food for the wedding. Of course, when I was watching, I was hungry. This relates to my other blog, "Rich Bride, Poor Bride". It seems we're always a part of the crew of the wedding, but this time, we're with the chefs. It was always a surprise to the guests what kind of food they'll expect at a wedding. Most of the time, I wonder if we'll have Chinese food at the wedding or something else? Of course, I definitely wouldn't mind as I would like to eat anything. During the wedding, we're in the kitchen seeing how the chefs deal with the preparation of the dishes and when we're in the party, we're with the waiters serving them their food. The reaction of the guests varies, a lot of people like the dish, some don't, but they'll still enjoy eating it. Some are picky eaters, they expect more of this or less of that.



For more information: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/video/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment